Saturday, August 11, 2012

Maybe I am Lost...

Yes, I'm still at Washington-Dulles. After numerous flight delays I gave up and got a room at the Westin for the night. Not bad. I awoke at 4:45am to head to the airport just in case there was a problem, and thank goodness I did. Did you know that besides a paper ticket you also need to be electronically added to a flight? Well, that 8:03am flight to Charleston that I was supposed to get on this morning...I never actually had a seat in the computer system. Thanks Amede. Thankfully, after one hour the ticket counter lady got me a seat on the 12:23pm flight (yay!!!), only to tell me that it looked like my tuesday flights were cancelled and I should call the airline...OMG. 

I'll save you the suspension...I'm still booked on those flights. Goodness, haha, that was quite a scare! 

Flights are still being cancelled and delayed. I feel like I'm in a game of Russian roulette. If you spend a considerate amount of time in an airport and listen to the overhead announcements (which United likes to do a lot), well, they're pretty funny. Flights have been delayed due to lack of flight personnel, mechanical problems, the flight crew is sleeping, the flight is overweight and two people have to give up their seats or it's not taking off (what?!)...ect. Personally, I understand that the flight crew has to sleep. I don't think I could operate an air craft at my current mental capacity. But, if your fleet needs that much mechanical service...maybe you shouldn't be using those planes. Just sayin.

This has actually been a pretty great time. I can't complain. The people watching is great and I met this really awesome couple who are on their way home from Cape Town. They travel all over the world. They've had three kids and still travel. Good for them. 

My 12:23pm flight has been delayed til 1:25. Considering I've basically been here for 28 hours, one more hour hasn't phased me. Kelly and Phil picked up my bag in Savannah...I feel bad that she had to see my bag before me. 

I've spent more time here than on aircraft or the hotel...why is it so awesome? It's got the only electrical outlet at the whole gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment