Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cumbaya (My Lord)

Did you know that when you go to another country certain websites that would normally be in english in the states are in spanish?! Makes things a little interesting.

I've only been here for 24 hours and the school has already got our schedules tied up with meetings and orientations, three-course lunches (that's right!), tours of the campus and local city, rules and regulations, ect.

My host family is absolutely wonderful, as is their perro grande Brigo, a husky with striking blue eyes who made me his new bff before I even walked through the gate. He's 1 1/2, and therefore he's loco.

I'm staying in a suburb of Quito called Cumbaya (I bet you just started singing, right? Because that's what I did too) where the Universidad de San Francisco is located. My bedroom has a view of the mucho grande mountains that surround the town.


The Universidad is a very large, beautiful campus with 7 restaurants (including sushi! And I thought I was done for 5 months), ponds, lakes, granite, lion statues, and a ton of other cool stuff I'm sure I'll find in due time.


No comments:

Post a Comment